Monday, August 12, 2013

Ani, I am still with you.

Ani, though you've only been at camp 2 days, it's felt like years.
I am with you right now.
I still whisper my daily prayer to you as I pass your empty room these mornings.
You are with me right now.
I try to sense in the empty space, what can I do to serve you, to comfort you, to strengthen you.
I see you through the eyes of my heart.
I have pledged you to God, I have pledged myself to God, I have asked God for the job of caring for you.
I wait to hear your words to release me.
I want so very much to pay back my failure to protect you 5 years ago.

1 comment:

Tina said...

What a gift to Ani and to you for her to be at camp. I am sure it is so hard for her to be away but sometimes those are the moments when clarity come in. I love your words and your heart for your family. Ani is so blessed and I have no doubt she always feels your presence just like she always feels her eternal Father's presence.