Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Emotions

Ani, my light...
I have become more and more excited about your future, but I am so frail when it comes to handling the bumps in the road. When you had your allergic reaction the other day, my world started crashing down. My goodness, I need to be stronger than that to serve you to the best of my ability. Forgive me for my temporary weaknesses. Perhaps that carried forward last night into my singing and playing for you. I don't believe I've ever played and sang that emotionally for you ever before. I've certainly never sung the "ABCs" with such a depth of love before. I keep trying to explain to you that every note I sing and every note I play says "I love you", but it had never been more true than last night, and it surprised me. Every note was both mine and yours at the same time. Ani, I hope you can hear the emotion from me. Perhaps I'm trying to ensure that you never have a doubt about my love for you...That you are so worthy of _being_ loved, by me and, by extension and explanation, by God. I try so hard to explain to you that your worth is not tied to the things you can do or cannot do. You are loved simply because you are you.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: