Thursday, January 13, 2022

 The grief of a child?


The grief came back as an avalanche as I was driving tonight.

I have been thinking about who else has suffered with us through our grief.

I had someone in mind to write about, and I will, but they are not the cause of the flood.

I was thinking about how I have taken Ani back to her old daycare to visit a couple of times.

Then I thought about Nate’s care givers there….I don’t know if they were invited to the funeral.

Then it hit me.

What about Nate’s friends there?

I know he was only 2 1/2, but they create friendships.

In a moment, my mind tried to comprehend the confusion and sadness of a child hearing that Nate will never come back again.

Combine that with my own feelings about Nate never coming back, and I just tumbled downwards.

My stomach dropped and I was shaken to my core.

Talking about it with Roger helped, but it is still coming back to me.

This will pass at some point too, but the confused sadness of a child is something that my heart and mind can’t take.

No comments: