Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I give him up to you

God, I give this to you,
that of my son.
I give you a most treasured and precious possession,
that of my responsibilities,
my duties,
my service towards Nate.
I give his care into your hands.
This pushes my heart to its limit.
I have felt so guilty, so sad, so heavy,
not being able to care for him.
I have jealously held on to it,
and not let anyone take it away from me.
And this action has not gone well for me.
This is not something parents are supposed to do.
I consciously decided to be a parent to this child,
and I do not give this up lightly.
I do not forget him.
I do not stop loving him.
God, that which you had given me on his birth,
I find so difficult to give back.
God, give me now the peace in knowing
that you are taking care of him,
and that I'll see him again.

1 comment:

Steve Anderson said...

I can just imagine God giving Nate a big squeeze as He reads your words or hears your thoughts. He holds Nate tight with tears building up knowing how much love you have for him and how much you miss him. They look at each other and then look down towards you back here on earth. They want you to know that they hear you and love you back...they do not want you to hurt any longer.

Praing for your pain to ease and for healing...