Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I don't know...

No, Ani, I don't know...
I don't know how difficult it is to close your mouth and stop choking on your tongue,
I only know that it will help.
No, Ani, I don't know...
I don't know how frustrated you get with me for not spending more time with you,
I only know that I pray that I could read your mind and see what you wanted.
No, Ani, I don't know...
I don't know how angry you get with your body when it won't turn on your voice
to sing with me.
I only know that every note I play or sing tells you that I love you.
No, Ani, I don't know...
I don't know how bored you are,
I only know how you seem asleep while you are awake, and I want to fill you up.
No, Ani, I don't know...
I don't know what your future holds,
I only know that I feel you have a purpose, that you are never alone, that I pray all the time for you, and that there are more people that love you than you will ever know.
Yes, Ani, I do know...
I do know that paradise will be ours when we are dancing together someday in heaven in the presence of our God, His Spirit, and His Son.

No comments: