Monday, May 2, 2011

Ani, I get lost...

Ani, when I look at you and you have that blank look,
I get all lost.
The world starts to slip into a tunnel.
I miss your little-girl-descriptions of the beauty and mystery of this world.
Since I've seen this world through the eyes of my children,
it doesn't seem as real when I look at it all alone.
Where are you when you go away like that?
Can I come with you sometime?
I just read the book "Heaven is for real", and I cried.
I cried because it will be so awesome to be in heaven with you.

1 comment:

Steve Anderson said...

I see those moments too...sometimes up in club K-Rock. I think she is seeing things we cant not see. Maybe Angels maybe even Jesus?? Sometimes she just gets the biggest smiles. I am going to have to ask her about that when we all get upstairs!