Monday, November 16, 2009

What have we become...

I am transfixed,
unable to speak, almost unable to breath...
I look at a picture of a 5 year old girl with a smile like Ani's,
and I read.
And I cannot believe.
And I cannot find the answer to my question.
How could someone do this?
To a child?
Intentionally?
My heart stops when it is reported that the mother is complicit.
And I cannot find the words to apologize to God for we humans.
I pray quickly that she be welcomed into the arms of our Savior,
and introduced to Nate so they can play together.
After that, I can allow myself to cry.
Cry for our world that will no longer see that smile.
Cry for our world, that certainly heinous things had been done to her before death.
Cry for us.
Cry for me, who finds it so, so difficult to believe that they should be saved too.

1 comment:

Steve Anderson said...

unexplainable...

I can only think of JOB and the message you spoke at. God is using you more than most.