Friday, September 7, 2012

Difficult week

It's been a difficult week, and I am weary: physically, emotionally and spiritually...

Ani has been uncomfortable for some reason, and this suppresses the advances that I've seen in the past couple weeks, and what I've been excited for her to show to her teachers and classmates at school in this new school year. It's very hard when small setbacks are capable of overshadowing very exciting victories, even victories that seem small in scope. God I pray that she feels better and can show her teachers what she can do, and can grow from her victories.

Micah has been showing "aggressive toddler" behavior for some time now, and this has resulted in his friends at daycare being somewhat afraid of him, and blaming him for things that happen even if he is not there. I know that this behavior is "normal" for toddlers, but he is so strong that he has caused injuries. This makes me sad for both him _and_ the other kids. God I pray that you show me what I might be doing wrong in parenting Micah, what I can be doing more in parenting Micah, and for giving Micah an increased sense of empathy for his friends.

No comments: